Playground Weekender Cancelled

Get the latest from Beat

Playground Weekender Cancelled


The festival has officially announced it’s cancellation through their Facebook page:


Following advice from the NSW State Emergency Services and the Police, the Playground Weekender festival due to happen this weekend has been cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. 

NSW State Emergency Service, comments: 
“The Bureau of Meterology (BOM) have issued a flood watch for the Hawkesbury – Nepean Rivers systems, including your event location at the Del Rio Riverside Resort in Webbs Creek. The BOM predictions indicate moderate flooding but have not discounted the possibility of major flooding. 

In the interests of public safety, and as the emergency service responsible for storms and floods, the New South Wales State Emergency Service (NSWES) directs the Playground Weekender boutique music festival be cancelled under the State Emergency Service Act 1989 (section 22 (1a-c) (The Act). 

The extensive flooding that has been forecast poses a significant risk to persons and property within the affected area, and under The Act the NSWSES has a responsibility to ensure persons do not enter emergency areas.” 

Andy Rigby, promoter comments; 
“We have been planning this event all year and were anticipating it as much as our guests were. The safety of the guests, artists and staff at the event, and on their way to and from the event, is our main priority. Reluctantly we have followed advice that it would be unsafe to ask people to travel in these weather conditions, and as such the event cannot go ahead.”

Lisa Faulkner, Ambulance NSW comments:
“ASNSW has significant concerns regarding your event due to the geographical and isolated location being on the banks of the Hawkesbury river with regards to patron safety and if needed evacuation procedures.

As per the ticketing terms and conditions, the organisers of Playground Weekender will contact all ticketholders to inform them of the appropriate course of action imminently. 

The promoters are also trying to urgently seek a replacement venue for some of the planned festivities to take place. Details of which will be announced if and when they are confirmed.”