Wander through Melbourne and stumble upon an impossible structure built from steel and rope held aloft with floating, invisible tension.
A thrilling new work by Melbourne’s own One Fell Swoop Circus, In Common sees an impossible sculpture brought to life by eight acrobats using the company’s signature style of acrobatics – heartfelt, powerful, and intimate.
- Run time: 60 mins
- Age rating: All Ages
- Cost: Free event – bookings recommended
- Accessibility: If you have accessibility requires please book a ticket and make note of any requirements
Explore Melbourne’s latest arts and stage news, features, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
Virtuosic acrobatics and intricate choreography guide you through a visceral understanding of the care we owe others in our community and the safety nets we collectively weave.
Speaking on the message of the work, In Common co-director, Charice Rust states, “It’s an exploration of tension both structural and relational, In Common lets you experience the joy of throwing yourself into someone else’s arms and the warm weight of bearing them.”
In a unique cross-city event In Common is performed at three different public locations across Melbourne for each week of the Fringe. All performances are free to all and outdoors (bring a blanket!). Experience this exciting new work in the garden parklands of Gasworks Arts Park, the buzzing Nicholson St Mall in Footscray, or the Amphitheatre at Fed Square in the heart of the CBD.
One Fell Swoop Circus founders Charice Rust and Jonathan Morgan have been working together for over 10 years. Their highly reviewed and award-winning past works include By a Thread and Kilter. In Common has received funding through numerous streams including City of Melbourne, The Australian Council for the Arts, the Gasworks Patrons Foundation, and Cash to Create through the Fringe Fund, with thanks to Rupert Myer and the Pulse Giving Circle.
Gasworks Arts Park
- Site: Gardens outside the terrace at Gasworks Arts Park, Albert Park Performances:
- Friday 6th Oct 6pm
- Saturday 7th Oct 2pm and 6pm
- Sunday 8th Oct 2pm and 6pm Bookings essential
Nicholson St Mall
- Site: Nicholson St Mall, Footscray Performances:
- Thursday 12th – 6pm
- Friday 13th – 6pm
- Saturday 14th – 2pm and 6pm Sunday 15th – 2pm
- Bookings recommended
- Site: Amphitheatre at Fed Square, Melbourne Performances:
- Wednesday 18th Oct 6pm
- Thursday 19th Oct 6pm
- Friday 20th Oct 6pm
- Saturday 21st Oct 2pm and 6pm Sunday 22nd Oct 6pm
- Bookings recommended