The Superjesus will hit up Thornbury, Geelong, Ballarat and Bendigo in September and November.
Adelaide rock band The Superjesus are back this month with a brand new single ‘Lights Out’, out June 16 and the follow-up to recent airplay hit Money (We’re Only In It For Love).
To celebrate the new driving, melodic track, written by Sarah McLeod and Stuart Rudd and produced by drummer Murray Sheridan, The Superjesus will be heading out on a 15-date tour across Australia this year.
The band will kick off the Lights Out Tour 2023 on August 19 at Sydney’s Oxford Arts Factory and play right through until December 10, concluding at Albies Bar in Busselton, WA. Locally you’ll be able to catch the band at the Barwon Club Hotel in Geelong on 16 September, Volta in Ballarat on 17 November and Golden Vine Hotel in Bendigo on 18 November.
The Superjesus – Lights Out Tour
- Sat 19 August – Oxford Arts Factory, Sydney
- Sat 26 August – Wallaby Hotel, Mudgeerabe
- Sun 27 August – The Zoo, Brisbane
- Fri 15 September – Croxton Bandroom, Thornbury
- Sat 16 September – Barwon Club Hotel, Geelong
- Fri 22 September – Bridgway Hotel – Pooraka
- Fri 6 October – C. Ex Coffs Harbour, Coffs Harbour
- Sat 7 October – Laurieton Ex-Services – Laurieton
- Fri 13 October – Tilly’s, Wagga Wagga
- Sat 14 October – The Victorian Hotel, Bathurst
- Fri 17 November – Volta, Ballarat
- Sat 18 November – Golden Vine Hotel, Bendigo
- Fri 8 December – Port Beach Brewery, Fremantle
- Sat 9 December – Ravenswood Hotel, Ravenswood
- Sun 10 December – Albies Bar, Busselton
Keep up with the latest music news, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
The new single Lights Out was written for a friend of the band who lost her battle with mental illness.
Sarah McLeod, “The Superjesus would like to dedicate this song to Rita Riman. Rita was a longtime fan – she was a member of the band’s very first fan club in the early 90’s. A group of music lovers met through our message board called ‘Static’… before My Space was invented… this group became very familiar to us and attended all our shows for the next couple of decades.
“Rita struggled with mental health issues for many years but her saving grace was always music. Sadly a couple of years ago we lost her and it sent shock waves through all of us. So many people struggle with mental health issues in silence, we need to remember to ask each other if we’re ok. This song is for Rita and the fans who grew up with us.”
Tickets for the tour are on sale now through The Superjesus website.