PHOTOGRAPHY AND WORDS BY THE HEADLESS BAKER
A delectably fragrant banana loaf to comfort you on the couch this winter.
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of plain flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of salt (if you are using salted butter, just a pinch of salt will do)
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 unripe banana (as a topping)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Whisk on a medium speed until white and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the batter, one at a time. Whisk the mixture together on a low speed.
- Add the ripe bananas. Whisk the mixture together on a low speed for 30 seconds.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter in three parts.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Combine the batter well. Do not over mix it!
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Tap the pan on the countertop to release any air trapped within.
- Lastly, slice the unripe banana in half and place it on top of the batter.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Let the pan cool for 15 minutes before removing the loaf completely.
The loaf can be kept in an airtight container for up to three days in room temperature. Do not refrigerate it.
For more recipes and inspiration, check out The Headless Baker on Instagram.