In a move that will please Aussie blues and folk fans, Bluesfest acts David Gray and Shakey Graves have today announced Australian sideshow tour dates.
UK singer-songwriter David Gray has been championing a unique style of folk for more than a decade now. Following the release of his ‘best of‘ album in 2016, which gave fans a refresher of his iconic legacy, Gray will be bringing a brand new energy to his shows Down Under.
The smoky sounds of Shakey Graves have been soaked up since 2007. Graves released his most recent album, Can’t Wake Up, in March, and this isn’t the first time he’ll be bringing his signature Americana style to the Bluesfest stage.
Gray and Graves are just two of five Bluesfest artists who have announced sideshows today, with Lukas Nelson, Meshell Ndegeocello and Flogging Molly all planning to make the rounds. The Bluesfest lineup was announced earlier this year, featuring Kasey Chamber, Tex Perkins and Kurt Vile.
Check out the tour dates below:
- Sunday April 14, Riverside Theatre, Perth
- Tuesday April 16, Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Saturday April 20, Palais Theatre, Melbourne
- Monday April 22, The Factory Theatre, Sydney
- Tuesday April 23, The Corner, Melbourne
- Sunday April 14, HQ, Adelaide
- Wednesday April 17, 170 Russell, Melbourne
- Thursday April 18, The Metro, Sydney
Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real
- Wednesday April 17, The Corner, Melbourne
- Thursday April 18, Factory Theatre, Sydney
- Saturday April 20, The Factory Theatre, Sydney