In 2009 The Smith Street Band took the stage for the very first time at Melbourne's iconic Tote bandroom.
Now, in 2024, the band is marking its 15th birthday with an extensive tour across Australia, featuring 18 shows throughout March and April.
The celebration will see them performing in a mix of capital cities and regional towns in every state, with the company of fellow Melbourne rockers, The Pretty Littles.
The Smith Street Band 2024 Australia Tour
- Feb 8-11 – Party In The Paddock, Launceston / lutruwita
- Mar 9 –South East Beer & BBQ Fest, Mt Gambier / Berrin
- Mar 21 –Dicey Rileys Hotel, Wollongong / Dharawal
- Mar 22 – Factory Theatre, Sydney / Eora
- Mar 23 – King St Bandroom, Newcastle / Mulubinba
- Mar 28 – Solbar, Maroochydore / Murukutchi
- Mar 29 –The Northern, Byron Bay / Cavanbah
- Mar 30 – Princess Theatre, Brisbane / Meanjin
- April 6 – The Gov, Adelaide / Tarntanya
- Apr 7 – The Gov, Adelaide / Tarntanya
- Apr 11 – The River Hotel, Margaret River / Wooditup
- Apr 12 – Freo Social, Fremantle / Walyalup
- Apr 13 – Indian Ocean Hotel, Scarborough / Boodjar
- Apr 18 – Theatre Royal, Castlemaine / Dja Dja Wurrung
- Apr 19 –Northcote Theatre, Melbourne / Naarm
- Apr 20 – Torquay Hotel, Torquay / Wadawurrung
- Apr 26 – The Basement, Canberra / Ngunnawal Country
- Apr 27 – SS&A, Albury / Wiradjuri Country
Keep up with the latest music news, features, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
Fast forward to 2023, and the band has accumulated an impressive resume of over 800 shows across 23 countries.
They’ve graced the stages of some of Australia’s most beloved festivals, including Big Day Out, Splendour In The Grass, Groovin The Moo, Laneway, Falls Festival, as well as internationally at Reading and Leeds (UK), Riot Fest (US), and Hurricane and Southside (Germany).
The list of achievements for The Smith Street Band is extensive. Since their debut album, No One Gets Lost Anymore, in 2011, they’ve released five studio albums and three live albums, all of which have found a place in the ARIA Album Chart. Their 2020 album, Don’t Waste Your Anger, even claimed the top spot after its release on their independent label, Pool House Records.
“To have been doing this for 15 years is such a blessing. We’ve been so lucky to experience so much since those early days playing on floors to 10 people!” says singer Wil Wagner.
“We’ve gone from rat bag kids to slightly less rat bag adults, but the thing that’s never changed is how much we love playing and how passionate we are about the music we make and the people we make it with.”
Tickets to see The Smith Street band on tour go on sale Wednesday, November 22. Grab them here.