An exploration of the character's from Mary's family that have shaped her life, This Is Personal is heading on the road after rave reviews in Sydney this year.
Mary Coustas, the woman behind the iconic Effie is taking her show This Is Personal on the road for a series of shows across the country next year. After receiving rave reviews at her season at the Sydney Opera House, she is bringing her solo show to Melbourne for a season at Arts Centre Melbourne from June 27 to July 1.
Mary Coustas This Is Personal
- March 3 to 4 – Canberra Theatre Centre, Canberra
- March 8 to 11 – Brisbane Powerhouse, Brisbane
- May 4 to 6 – Adelaide Festival Centre, Dunston Playhouse, Adelaide
- May 10 to 13 – Darwin Entertainment Centre Playhouse, Darwin
- June 13 to 17 – The Concourse Chatswood, Sydney
- June 27 to July 1 – Arts Centre Melbourne, Melbourne
Keep up with Melbourne’s latest comedy news, reviews and interviews here.
“This show gives me the freedom to discuss the themes we all face in this life – race, gender, belonging, and freedom of expression,” says Mary Coustas. “Now, I feel I am ready to tackle these issues of the human condition as Mary. To step away from the puppet and expose the puppeteer.”
Known for her work as Effie on Acropolis Now, Mary Coustas gets personal with her new show. Directed by Blazey Best, she addresses questions from her inquisitive daughter in her latest show, in an intimate exploration of love, laughter, family and loss.
Catch her at Melbourne’s own Art Centre for the season between June 27 and July 1. For more information and to grab your tickets, head here.