Two of the Surf Coast’s newest hotspots join forces for a month-long event series.
Get ready to soak up the sun and sounds as Lorne Theatre and The Clam, two of the Surf Coast’s buzzing venues, team up to present Long Hot Summer. This exciting collaboration promises a series of free and ticketed live music, DJ sets, and food experiences, creating a cultural destination that’s set to be the talk of the town throughout February and March.
The brainchild of the next-door neighbours, The Clam and the recently refurbished Lorne Theatre, Long Hot Summer aims to bring the community together through a shared love of good music, food, and drink. The vibrant precinct will host a lineup of events, including Live at the Lorne Theatre shows, starting with Tucson Arizona’s Calexico on February 17th, followed by a free screening of Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.
Long Hot Summer Schedule
- Saturday 10 February: Tornado Wallace + James Ware at The Clam – FREE, Clambake by David Moyle
- Saturday 17 February: Milo Eastwood + Sky High Trio at The Clam – FREE, Tavern Menu by David Moyle, Calexico + Al Matcott live at Lorne Theatre, followed by a free screening of Talking Heads ‘Stop Making Sense’
- Saturday 24 February: András + DJ People at The Clam – FREE, Tavern Menu by David Moyle, Sweet Whirl live at Lorne Theatre – FREE
- Saturday 2 March: Darcy Justice + Jack Danzey & Barry Sunset at The Clam – FREE, Seashells by the Seashore with Georgio Di Maria
- Sunday 10 March: Dolmade Parde with music by Adriana at The Clam, Minami Deutsch (Japan) + Leah Senior live at Lorne Theatre
Keep up with the latest music news, features, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
Japanese kraut-rockers Minami Deutsch and folk diviner Leah Senior will grace the Lorne Theatre stage on the Labour Day Long Weekend (Sunday 10th March). Meanwhile, the iconic Sweet Whirl will perform a free show on Saturday 24th February, with András taking the DJ reins at The Clam afterwards.
The Clam, renowned for its unique atmosphere, will host events like Milo Eastwood’s DJ party on February 17th, and Dolmade Parde on Sunday 10th March, featuring mezze delights curated by The Clam’s chef and owner, David Moyle, and a soulful soundtrack by Adriana.
Throughout the series, expect DJ sets from Tornado Wallace, DJ People (Ben & Guy from Chapter Music), Darcy Justice, Sky High Trio (Woody McDonald, Mystic Mike Gurrieri, and John Bailey), and more.
As Long Hot Summer unfolds, The Clam will not only serve up delightful tunes but also satisfy gastronomic cravings. David Moyle’s tavern menu, available from February 16th, will feature seafood platters, fish sandwiches, hand-cut chips, and ocean-inspired snacks. The Clam will host unique food events, including a Clambake, Dolmade Parde, and Seashells by the Seashore, co-hosted with Georgio Di Maria.
More than just a series of events, Long Hot Summer invites locals and visitors alike to indulge in a multifaceted experience, combining delectable food by David Moyle, top-notch beverages by Blackhearts & Sparrows, and an incredible program of music and entertainment.
Whether you choose to catch a film, enjoy live music, or dance the night away to DJ beats, Long Hot Summer at Lorne Theatre & The Clam promises to kick off your summer with style.
Visit lornetheatre.com.au for more information and to purchase tickets.