Touring her 2022 album Big Time, Angel Olsen is heading to Melbourne for a one-of-a-kind, intimate show.
A delicate and tender album about an unexpected new love while chronicling profound grief, Big Love is a heart-rending exploration of love and loss. She’ll be appearing at Elisabeth Murdoch Hall in the Melbourne Recital Centre for a profound and intimate performance next year, on March 1 2023.
What you need to know
- Angel Olsen is heading to Melbourne for a performance of her latest album Big Love
- She’ll be appearing in the Elisabeth Murdoch Hall of the Melbourne Recital Centre
- Catch this intimate, heart-rending performance on March 1 2023
Check out Melbourne’s most comprehensive gig guide here.
“You can’t plan grief, you can’t organise it or schedule it or know how you’ll feel when it comes,” says Angel Olsen on the themes of Big Love. “It just happens, and when it does sometimes it’s not what you thought it would be.”
View this post on Instagram
“Olsen’s captivating performance was one that will be hard to forget anytime soon,” we said about her 2016 performance in Melbourne. “Live, her power was palpable from any spot in the crowd – the performance raw, vulnerable and most of all, breathtaking.”
Her appearance at Melbourne Recital Centre is a part of her Big Time Tour, which will see her appearing at Mona Foma in Tasmania, the Sydney Opera House and sharing the stage at Golden Plains Festival.
Angel Olsen Australia Big Time Tour 2023
- February 25 – Mona Foma at Mona Lawns, Hobart
- March 1 – Melbourne Recital Centre, Melbourne
- March 6 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney
- March 11 – Golden Plains Festival, Meredith
Presale starts tomorrow, October 20, from 11am. Grab your tickets by heading here.