Ten artists everyone should know about:
- Moses Sumney
- Jai Paul
- Nico Ghost
Nine food items that you need to make a kickarse dinner party:
- Garlic Prawns
- Deli Platter
- Olive Bread
- Raw Dark Chocolate Pistachio Cake
- Karaage (japanese style fried chicken)
- Caesar Salad
Eight possessions that define you:
- Our family home in the hinterlands, where most of our music has been written.
- Surfboards – we love the ocean.
- Mario Cart on wii
- Josh’s fender tele
- Amy’s upright piano
- Our clothing
- Our Japanese passports
- Don’t know if possession is the right word but our dog Gizmo.
Seven favourite movies/TV shows that go on your mix-tape:
- Ex Machina
- Jurassic Park III
- 2001: A Spacy Odyssey
- Dead Poets Society
- The Theory Of Everything
- Shutter Island
- The 100
Six bad habits you can’t escape:
- Eating dumplings before every show.
- Saying “good thanks, how are you” after a cashier says hello.
- Needing to change guitar strings before every show.
- Buying plugins or sample packs and not needing them.
- Spending money on clothes.
- Bad time management skills.
Five people who inspire you:
- Nicolas Jaar
- Jamie XX
- Dave Harrington
- Emma Watson
- Donald Glover
Three goals for your music:
- Travelling more to inspire our writing further.
- Connect with a larger network of fans.
- Play shows in Japan, hopefully Fuji Rock.
Two live gigs you’ll never forget and why:
Our show at Beyond the Valley in Melbourne a year ago. It was our very first show and thinking about how much our live set has grown and the team we have working with us now is incredible.
One of our favourite shows was when we played on the Sunshine Coast at Big Pineapple Fields supporting RUFUS. Everything about it was incredible. 30 minutes before we played we didn’t think we’d be going forward with the show because of the rainy weather, but right before we were going to call it the weather cleared and the vibe was amazing. The crowd was amazing. RUFUS came down to watch and their hardworking crew was so helpful.
One day left before the apocalypse and you…:
Amy: Spend time/eat dumplings with the fam and friends.
Josh: If you’re talking about a zombie apocalypse I’d probably prepare my fortress and gather as many supplies as possible. I’ve seen a lot of apocalypse movies.